Apply to American universities
If you plan to pursue graduate studies or a Ph.D. in the U.S., you must apply for admission to at least to three US universities of your choice although we would recommend that you apply to five- six US universities.
To guide your selection, we suggest that you visit the Web site of the various U.S. universities, review the graduate study programs they offer, and find out about their application procedure (how to obtain their application form and when to submit it, which tests they require (TOEFL or IELTS and GRE or GMAT, etc.) and take the tests.
For more information on studying in the U.S., please refer to:
- The U.S. Embassy website in Belgium about "studying in the U.S."
- Education USA, your guide to U.S. higher education.
Another website worthwhile considering to guide you on your choice of U.S. universities is:
- Peterson's graduate schools
You can also obtain extensive information on American universities from
- the Commission for Educational Exchange in Brussels (http://www.fulbright.be/ or send an email to email@example.com)
- For MBA programs (http://www.mba.com/mba) or from MBA2U (http://www.mba2u.org/) .
If you plan to carry out research in the U.S., you do not need to apply to three different universities, but obtain an official letter of invitation from your hosting professor at the U.S. univeristy of your choice.